Friday, August 20, 2010

Eight months old!

Noah is eight months old! Is it just me, or does each month get faster? He is learning and growing so much. It sure is fun to watch. I'm not sure how much he weighs, but we are guessing between 15 and 16 pounds. He definitely is feeling heavier.
At eight months (5 adjusted) he also:
-Laughs! Peekaboo is a favorite, and the bigger surprise, the bigger the giggle.
-Has started babbling. There is the "I'm so happy and learning to use my voice" babbling, and the "I am very mad and I know that I am expressing it" babbling. I know that there isn't meaning with it yet, but it is very fun to hear him say "mama"!
-Is teething...
-...and therefore puts everything in his mouth. The new favorite is his curtains while I change is diaper. How about using that $12 toy that Mommy bought you? Nope, curtains.
-Does like to play with his toys now. You know those toy bars that babies are supposed to lay under and gaze happily at? My baby somehow yanks down the bar and tries to put the whole thing in his mouth. (Did I mention I am okay with him not crawling yet?)
-Rolls very well and has amazing powers of wiggling to get from Point A to Point B.
-Is getting very close to sitting up on his own.
-Loves to eat.
-Loves to drink out of a cup. (with Mommy and Daddy's help of course)
-Has put himself on a schedule of going to bed at 8:00 and getting up at 7:00. I like that.



With his bear at 4 months:

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESSS!!!! He is even bigger than the last time I saw him! He's smiling for the camera too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE PIC OF HIM AND HIS LIL DIAPER! IT IS ONE THING TO SEE IT IN THE SHADOW BOX, BUT ANOTHER THING TO SEE IT ON HIM!! WOW!! I DITTO YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE DRINKING FROM THE GLASS - EVEN WHEN IT IS NOT MOMMY'S OR DADDY'S...HE WILL FLOP HIS BODY IN THE DIRECTION OF A GLASS - SO WHEN HOLDING HIM, OR SUPPORTING HIM (NOW-DAYS...) BE ON GUARD FOR THE BODY FLOP TOWARDS A GLASS! LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete