Monday, March 25, 2013

A day in the life

Just for fun (and for my own memory keeping benefit...), I am throwing out a "day in the life" post with some details (and of course pictures) of what a pretty typical day includes for me at this time in our lives:

Using the beautiful sunshine to grow an Easter garden and raise bread dough (Those things go together, right?  They do in my life.)
 
Making that garden and bread dough with the help of a 3 year old.
Playing baseball with a big plastic ball and a mesh strainer "bat", complete with Nemo baseball hat.  Yes, I also had a turn with the bat and he insisted I wear the hat too.

With the cutest little spectator looking on. 
Oh man, I am thankful for that bouncer!  She loves it!

Playing out in a yard that looks like this on March 22:
We sat on a huge pile of plowed snow and pretended little chunks of snow were different kinds of food, which is hilarious when you are 3.  And sang songs from Vacation Bible School, because any time is a good time for that.

Browsing Pinterest. . .  can someone explain to me why it is so addicting? But hey, I did find another good idea for Sunday School and a yummy roasted cauliflower soup recipe to make for supper.

Making another "Jesus egg" to add our Easter tree.  When I was explaining that "King of kings" means the best king ever, Noah gave me a big hug and told me I was the best mom ever.
Listening to Noah "read" me the Easter story which included: "Then the angles plopped down and told the people, 'Don't be afraid!'"  And something thrown in there about Bethlehem because every story he tells has Bethlehem in it.

Realizing once again that there is some truth to the saying "boys will be boys" and it is okay, as Noah becomes more and more interested in anything with heroes and fighting and "bashing" as he likes to say. . . For example he loves the story of David and Goliath and I found myself actually saying today, "We are not talking about Goliath; we are talking about Jesus."

Spending as much time as possible looking at this 6 month old cuteness, because that cuteness looks a little older every day.
 
Feed the baby, change the baby, and repeat.

Continuing in the joys of potty training, which included sitting with Noah in the bathroom for half an hour until he FINALLY pooped in the toilet, and answering questions like, "is it okay to toot in underwear?"  Although after we finished said half an hour in the bathroom and as I was cleaning him up he gave me a big hug and said, "I love you!"  So I suppose even potty training isn't so bad.

I was going to start this post with something about how ridiculous it is to ask a stay-at-home mom, "what do you do all day?". . .
I love what I do and think a day in my life is pretty awesome.
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment