Thursday, September 9, 2010

Life update

This blog is having somewhat of an identity crisis. I'm debating if it will pretty much be all Noah, all the time or include other things too... I'm considering having a different one for ministry stuff, but I'm not sure how realistic that is. Anyhow, I do want to put this little bit about what we are up to these days, because it is good and exciting stuff.
For the first time since we have gotten married, it is fall and we are NOT moving. Yippee! We are happy to still be at the Mokahum Ministry Center and a part of the great things God is doing. Originally our role was going to be part Student Life and Corey as Facilities Director. Then with the big job of raising funds (which still isn't done) we decided we needed to be realistic and not take on too much, so just had the role of Corey as Facilities Director. Last year there was only one student, so that worked out pretty good and he was still able to work part time at Oak Hills.
Then we had our whole NICU adventure which obviously affected everything. But we couldn't ask for a more supportive and understanding director and organization to be a part of and they have been amazing through it all.
Now to this year. As I mentioned, last year there was one student. This year we were praying for 10. WE HAVE 13. God is so good. Now there are good "problems" of space and things to deal with. And with that many there really is a need for more Student Life involvement. So, Corey has stepped into the Dean of Students role. He will still do the facilities work that needs to be done and teach a couple of modules about carpentry and skills, but his main role will be as Student Life. This is much more what his passion is and he is excited about it. (Have I mentioned how amazing I think my husband is and how blessed I am to be married to him? Wow.) I will come alongside him as much as possible. But my main "role" right now is mommy to Noah and that is how it is going to stay. Everyone is very supportive of that and I am grateful.
We also still very much have a heart for childrens' ministry and that will stay a part of our roles too. We will be teaching Sunday School at our chapel: one room, all ages, with our own baby in tow. That will be interesting. :) We will also try to do as much follow up with camp kids in RL as possible and plan some bigger scale activities.
Okay, so that ended up being more than a "little bit" and I thank you if you actually read the whole thing. It is too exciting not to share. God is faithful. I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment