Since I haven't done a good ol' update in a while, here you go.
At adjusted one year/15 months Noah:
- Weighs 19 1/2 pounds and is 28 1/2 inches long (That is more than 10 times his birthweight.)
- Has 6 teeth
- Cruises on furniture and loves pushing his walking toys (He knows it is a big deal because he always makes sure someone is watching and usually waves.)
- Can stand on his own for a few seconds (I think he is strong enough to do more, but when he realizes he isn't holding on to something he gets nervous and sits down.)
- Signs "more" A LOT. It is a very useful sign. (Although sometimes we have no idea what he wants more of.) For example, if he wants to go outside he gets his snowsuit and signs it and if he wants to nurse he gets the Boppy and signs it.
- Also signs "all done," "eat" and "music," but not as much.
- LOVES music. He dances, sings, claps, or a combination whenever he hears any. Some of his favorites are: Kickin' It Old School and This Is My Father's World by GoFish, 3 Little Monkeys by Daddy, The B-I-B-L-E and Pony Macaroni by Mommy, the Full House theme song, and anything on Seeds Family Worship (If you have kids you must check this out. Awesome.)
- Is obsessed with vacuums.
- Still loves to be outside, even when it is freezing.
- Lucy is his BFF and he is usually very good with her. He knows how to play with her using her toys.
- Still shares everything, even with other kids.
- Absolutely loves to play with my hair. And usually suck on his thumb at the same time.
- Has figured out things like: how to push buttons (i.e. TV) with his pointer finger, how to open the lid of and flush the toilet, how to open most drawers and door (including some "childproof" ones, and how to go down stairs.
- Here are some more examples why I am not at all concerned about his mental development: He turns on the TV and DVD player, gets his GoFish DVD and opens it, and signs more. He has pushed a box over to get up on a chair to reach the table (the box partially collapsed and scared him so he hasn't tried again, but I know it's coming).
- Is learning so many new things and is so cute and wonderful it would take me a very long time to list it all!